Authorized Service Provider (ASP) Program Overview
Alliance understands the importance of maintaining the continuous operation of valuable archiving libraries and systems in order to access to the digital assets they protect. As a result, Alliance has developed the Authorized Service Provider (ASP) program designed to provide every customer with consistent, quality global maintenance services.
Alliance ASP’s offer worldwide support services for Plasmon and Alliance equipment and systems. All ASP’s are required to meet stringent standards for quality service with a singular focus on resolving issues in a timely manner. This ensures that all customers receive the highest level of care and support.
Alliance’s base of worldwide ASP’s offer timely and cost-effective support solutions for Plasmon™ and Alliance branded equipment. Alliance selects only excellent providers with quality service operations and trained field engineers. All ASP’s are backed directly by Alliance’s engineering and development teams. ASP’s act as an extension of the Alliance service team, ensuring that customers receive the same high-level quality care and support received directly from Alliance.
Non-Authorized Service Providers
Non-authorized service providers do not have access to the all the above benefits. Their service capabilities are not certified by Alliance and it is unknown as to the level of service that can be provided by them. A non-authorized provider is not backed by Alliance and will not be entitled to receive or distribute the latest firmware and software for Plasmon™ and Alliance products including updates and patches, product maintenance and feature enhancements.
Benefits of the ASP Program
Alliance offers training for all ASP partners. Alliance’s comprehensive training program ensures ASP technicians are trained and certified to diagnose, analyze, and repair our equipment, so customers can be confident in the quality of service. With ASP’s unlimited access to Alliance’s support team, problems and issues are resolved promptly and proactively. Alliance provides the highest level of expertise through our engineering teams when servicing your Alliance and Plasmon brands of products.
Authorized Service provider Key Benefits in Detail
Service Provider Technical Call Center
- Level 1 and 2 problem analysis to better determine the source of issues being encountered.
- Provides resolution by work around, dispatching of on-site service, or escalation to engineering resources
Alliance Call Center and Product Experts
- Level 3 product specialists provide full support to Authorized Service Providers
- Assist with problem analysis, providing remote system analysis and work-arounds
- Pull Alliance product engineers (hardware and software) into problem analysis and resolution as required.
- Manufacturer trained service personnel dispatched with appropriate certified replacement parts to the site.
Trained and Certified by Alliance
- Alliance provides training for all Authorized Service Provider Service Technicians. In this way, customers can be assured that the service representatives servicing equipment are knowledgeable and capable.
- Alliance certifies all Service Representatives that have been trained and re-certifies them every two years.
- Updated service DVD’s
Alliance’s Intellectual Property
Authorized Service Providers have full usage rights to select Alliance Intellectual Property (IP), which facilitates a much higher quality of service including:
- Full access to Alliance’s historical product Knowledge Bases
- Full access to Alliance’s product specific utilities, which facilitate product analysis and isolation of product issues
- Full access to Alliance’s Service Manuals, which provide Service Representatives detailed instructions on service procedures
- Password protected website access
- Service diagnostics tools
- Media analysis tools (UDO)
Alliance Level 3 & 4 Engineering Capabilities
- Level 3 product experts with extensive product knowledge with access to proprietary product specifications
- Level 4 engineers with the knowledge and expertise to analyze, modify and patch proprietary intellectual property, including software, firmware and hardware
- Extensive engineering analysis and investigative capabilities
New Firmware/Software and Patches
- Full access to new product releases of firmware or software
- New or enhanced features
- Support for hardware/software components requiring modification, supporting:
- Environmental changes (security, OS, hardware changes, etc.)
- Product evolution (sustaining engineering activities)
- Re-engineering actions due to manufacturing/supply-chain issues
Alliance Certified Replacement Parts
- Alliance and Plasmon manufactured and Certified replacement parts
U.S. Location - Product Training
Training classes are exclusively available to ASTI Authorized Service Providers (ASPs). Enrollment in the Alliance Storage Technologies, Inc. (ASTI).
Training is held at ASTI's coporate headquarters in scenic Colorado Springs, Colorado. Courses will include hands on training, installation of libraries, electro-mechanical repair, system diagnostics, AA system configuration, and trouble shooting of G and AA Series libraries in order to complete repairs in the field.
Field engineers and technicians will gain the knowledge, confidence, and skill needed to service ASTI/Plasmon equipment. During the week-long training session, participants will learn firsthand from ASTI technical experts. Real-world examples and hands-on experience will be used to build knowledge and improve skills.
Additionally, Operator and Administrator training is available through ASTI.
Coming soon - ASP training for the NETArchive product line.
Please contact ASTI Technical Support for details – 719.593.7900.