The speed at which the digital landscape has changed for the public sector has created a number of challenges for IT managers and public information officers. To meet regulatory requirements, as well as be prepared to respond to open records requests from the public and peer agencies, government organizations need solutions that enable them to efficiently and cost effectively archive, find and retrieve a vast range of electronic content and communications. From military records, to driver’s licenses, to government official emails, Alliance Storage Technologies has developed specific long-term data retention archiving solutions for government applications.
- Preserves Data Unaltered – Alliance's solutions are based upon true Write-Once-Read-Many (WORM) optical technology. Encrypted data is written to optical media after which it becomes unalterable remaining intact for periods greater than 50 years.
- Encryption – With this optional feature, data at-rest is encrypted with unique keys for each object using FIPS 140-2 compliant AES-256 encryption algorithm. Encryption adds another layer of security to your data enabling compliance with specific regulations and ensuring that all data remains confidential.
- Transmission Security and Integrity – Alliance's NAS solutions integrate seamlessly with existing storage networks presenting as a standard TCP/IP resource with support for CIFS, NFS, and FTP protocols. The server security-administration ensures that it can recognize and approve validated clients.
- Email and Image Archiving – Partnering with industry-leaders, Alliance's solutions integrate with third-party software applications that manage and sort email and images according to the internal policy guidelines established within that application. The images and email are then stored efficiently and securely on Alliance's NAS optical libraries that fit directly into the existing storage network. Note that a Direct Attached library can be used however, it will require a third-party software application.
- Scalable/Expandable Archiving – Expandable optical disk archive systems are based upon high-capacity media magazines and scalable robotic libraries. As data storage requirements increase, libraries can be easily expanded within the same footprint offering investment protection through capacity expansions and future-proof system upgrades.
- High Reliability – Alliance's NAS solutions and Direct Attached scalable robotic libraries are based upon field-proven, reliable technology that has served a variety of industries [for over a decade].
- Rapid & Random Access to Data – Data can be randomly accessed either from the nonlinear optical disc media archives (retrieved into RAID) or via high-performance RAID, depending upon established policies.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership - After the data is permanently written on the media, it no longer requires a constant power source to maintain the data. This greatly reduces costs associated with storing archived data for the required lifespan. Additionally, the removable media offers an affordable disaster recovery solution. Systems reduce overhead and operating costs by: minimizing the cost and frequency of data migrations through extended media life, removing static data from expensive primary and backup systems freeing up valuable resources, and lowering power, cooling and maintenance costs. Systems scale incrementally as data archiving needs expand.