Page 2 of 4
Archiving Defined - IT Challenges are Increasing
In today’s marketplace, data offers a competitive edge, increasing shareholder value and enabling quick response to new opportunities. However, there could be a number of obstacles standing in the way, including:
- Regulatory compliance initiatives such as: Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), FRCP, SEC Section 17a-4, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), plus a host of other international regulations, that often overlap making compliance even more challenging than ever.
- Compliance that mandates continue to proliferate with added retention and authenticity requirements.
- Legal discovery processes that necessitate speedy access to archived data.
- Time-consuming procedures to prove the authenticity of retained records.
- Inaccessible data that is impossible to mine for business use.
- Lack of incremental funds for managing the explosive growth of corporate storage requirements, with an estimated 80% of data being rarely accessed.